"Investing in Karnataka, and investing in information technology, I believe is a smart thing to do for any organization that wishes to remain ahead of the curve in a competitive, changing business environment"
Mr. Kris Gopalakrishnan
CEO & MD, Infosys Technologies
GIM 2010 Highlights
Global investors meet during 2010 was a grand success. The two day event was attended by Industry Leaders, Governments, Trade Bodies & Associations, Investment Promotion Agencies, Entrepreneurs, Academia, Research institutions, etc. The State was able to sign 389 MoUs and attract investments to the tune of Rs 3.92 lakh crores.
Dignitaries present as Chief Guests during inauguration of GIM
- 7600 delegates
- 2000 companies
- 21 Countries
- 21 States
Guest of Honors during inauguration of GIM
- Sri Lakshmi N.Mittal, Chairman & CEO, Arcelor Mittal Ltd
- Sri Kumar Mangalam Birla, Chairman, Aditya Birla Group
- Sri Azim Premji, Chairman, Wipro Ltd
- Dr Vijay Mallya, Chairman, UB Group
- Sri Sajjan Jindal, Managing Director, JSW Steels Ltd
- Sri Shashi Ruia, Chairman, Essar Group
- Sri Kris Gopalkrishnan, MD & CEO, Infosys and Chairman, Karnataka Vision Group on Industries
- Dr Devi Prasad Shetty, Chairman, Narayana Hrudayalaya Institute of Cardiac Sciences
- Sri Venu Srinivasan, Immediate Past President, Confederation of Indian Industry
- Sri SN Agarwal, Member, Steerin Committee, FICCI
- Sri Venugopal N Dhoot, Chairman, Videocon Group of Companies
- Sri G.M. Rao, Chairman and managing Director, GMR Group
- Ms. Bronwyn Pike, Hon'ble Minister for Education, Skills & Workforce Participation, State Government of Victoria, Australia
- Sri Jaiprakash Agarwal, Chairman and Managing Director, Surya Roshni
- Sri Ashok Nayak, Chairman, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
- Sri T.V. Mohandas Pai, Director and HAI, (Finance, Admin, HR) Infosys Technologies Ltd.
- Sri VRS Natarajan, Chairman & Managing Director, BEML Limited
- Sri Baba N Kalyani, Chairman & Managing Director, Bharat Forge Ltd.
- Sri. G Ganapathy Raman, Executive Director, BHEL
- Sri Mruthanjay Singh, Managing Director, Volvo
- Ms. Anita Arjundas, Managing Director, Mahindra Lifespace Developers
- Sri Vikram Singh Mehta, Country Chair, M/s Shell Group of Companies in India
- Sri Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Chairman, Jupiter Capital
- Sri Arvind Melligeri, Managing Director, Quest Engineering
- Sri GVK Reddy, Chairman, GVK Group
- Sri RS Sharma, Chairman, ONGC
- Sri H Nakagawa, Managing Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt Ltd.
- Sri Ashwani Kumar Datt, Chairman & Managing Director, Bharat electronics Ltd.
- Sri Rajendra J Hinduja, Managing Director, Gokaldas Exports Ltd.
- Sri BC Tripathi, Chairman, GAIL (India) Ltd.
- Ms Vidya M Murkumbi, Chairperson, Shree Renuka Sugars Ltd.
- Sri U.K Basu, Managing Director, Mangalore Refineries and Petrochemicals Ltd.
- Dr. B.R. Shetty, managing Director & CEO, NMC Specialty Hospitals
- Sri Neeraj Singhal, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Bhushan Steels Ltd
- Sri Rajesh Mehta, Chairman, Rajesh Exports Ltd.
- Sri MM Murugappan, Vice Chairman, Murugappa Group